Sunday, May 3, 2009

No Ranks

Okay, so apparently some people can't understand whether I approve or disapprove a game based on what I wrote. Honestly, I believe they just don't want to read and want to see some number based rating system. I don't use a number based system because it's so freakin arbitrary. How do you know what to give? How can games from two different genres rate the same? Seriously, if you read some game reviews, some of the numbers don't make sense. A game can be completely terrible, but given a 5 out of 10without explanation as to why so high a score. Likewise, a game can be given a 6 because the reviewer expected something different or got nitpicking. It's still a good game, but it gets bump down to a 6 out of 10 for minor crap the reviewer felt was so fuckin important. Numbers just can't tell you the whole story, which is what most people rely on. How many of you who read reviews go to the game, look at the score, and called it a day? I have, and I missed out because of it. Now that I think about it, there's another reason why I don't have number scores; you wouldn't read the damn reviews if I did. With that said, I understand that sometimes my language is murky, or that some people don't know if I'm serious or joking (retards), so if you don't know...fuckin ask. You are not getting any ranking system from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment