Sunday, March 15, 2009

WWE Smackdown vs Raw/TNA Impact Wishlist

I like wrestling games because it's the one type of game where you can beat the living hell out of someone for as long as you want (unless he's kicking your ass). As good as they are, they are far from perfect (especially TNA Impact). Here's a list of what I would like to see in wrestlers.

DIVAS/Knockouts worth playing as:
Does anybody actually play as the women in the WWE games? No because they are a fucking joke. They are weak, slow, and generally only there for eye candy (just like in real life) with the exception of Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, and Victoria. TNA didn't actually include women in their game, but if they would have been anything like SmackdownvsRaw Divas, it might have been for the best. I'm not saying get rid of them, but at least give me a reason to play as them (no offense to the ladies out there).

Change in controls:
This is a tricky one. If the controls are too simple, then it limits what you can do, but if they're too complex then the game becomes hard to pick up. The Legend of Wrestlemania game (March 27) is said to reach that middle ground, but the jury is still out on that one. Plus I played the demo, and that seems to be not true. Review coming soon.

Better Create a Wrestler Mode:
In TNA, the CAW mode is so bare bone, it's hard to make the guy you really want. That definitely needs to be beefed up. In Smackdown, A little more options for the hip-hop community would be nice. Plus, how about clothes and accessories that don't look like they were painted on my guy's skin?

Fix the fuckin Created Entrances:
This is strictly a Smackdown issue. When you create an entrance for your wrestler, it won't work if you hold a title belt. You have to have a pre-rendered entrance for belts, so all your hard work in making an original entrance becomes a waste once you win a title. Now you're forced to either pick an entrance from the list of pre-renders so both entrances are the same, or not win a title at all, which is impossible in SvR2009 because you need to go through career mode to level up your guy, which means you have to win belts.

Keep the Story Modes:
Both games had the right idea by making stories. In terms of Smackdown, add more superstar specific stories, and add one for a created player. For TNA, make sure your next one is more creative.

Have wrestlers act like they're suppose to:
The Undertaker never celebrates by pumping his hands in the air on the turnbuckle. In fact, he never celebrates at all. Put Taker in a tag match though, and he'll do just that. We need our wrestlers to act like themselves at all times or it'll take us out of the experience.

Downloadable content actually showing up:
I'm waiting THQ (good job Midway).

Better nicknames for CAWs:
My guy is nicknamed The Ghost. Neil's guy is The Criminal. That's the best we had to work with. C'mon guys, I'm sure you can come up with better names than that (They should come out with Bukkakke Man, just to see how many parents will catch that).

Smarter AI:
I've been asking this for years. In TNA: the computer is dumb as rocks, and this becomes more evident in tag matches. In Smackdown, the AI is actually somewhat smart for the first time in it's long series, but it still has a way to go. It's still not aggressive enough, and even though the AI knows what to do in standard tag matches, it still needs work when it come to tornado tag.

Manual Targeting:
I don't know what made THQ stop with manual targeting, but I want it back. I'm tired of the game switching my target when I'm kicking some guy's ass. It really screws me up when I'm trying to pin someone and then suddenly I attack the guy next to me when I don't want to.

Thought of something I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment