Friday, March 20, 2009

Resident Evil 5 review may come soon

I didn't ignore the request for a RE5 review. It's just that I've never been a RE fan and probably never will be. Plus, RE5 is best played co-op from the looks of it and I will need a friend willing to play with me. I've heard that the game is more action than horror and that the feeling of fear has been replaced with the feeling of desperation. Sounds to me like we can call this Resident Evil: Left 4 Dead, but then again Left 4 Dead has smooth controls whereas RE5 moves like shit. Seriously, why can't shoot and move at the same time? And headshots are not as easy as you think, which sucks because that's how you have to kill the sons of bitches. I know this because I played the demo (and RE4). The only reason I'm even considering reviewing this is because of the topic of racism, and being a black guy everyone thinks I should have a opinion. I'm not going to rant about whether or not RE5 is racist because A) I didn't play the game, and B) RE5 wouldn't be the first game to be racist. I don't think it is; I believe it's an overreaction to some pix and trailors, but more on that IF I review the game. By the way, if you really want a horror game, buy Condemn: Criminal Origins. That game will scare you shitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment