Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why PS3? Why Now?

After my Uncharted 2 somewhat review, I got a message asking why me, an xbox guy, purchased a PS3. Well, you want the short version or the long version? Basically it breaks down like this:

1) I don't trust this box. I had to send 2 systems back to Microsoft to get fix, and I didn't even get a fixed system. I got a refurbished one instead. Fuck. So I'm on my 3rd Xbox, and quite frankly, I'm sure this is gonna crap out on me. The disc tray apparently decides when it wants to comes out when I stand the system up, so right now, it's laying on its ass. The fuckin fan is so loud, it sounds like my system is getting ready to take off and fly into space. I have to turn up the volume up on my TV more than needs be just so I can hear over the fan. I told Neil that if this one craps out too, I would be done with Xbox 360 because I'm not about to send it to Microsoft...again!...and wait another month to get another shitty system back.

2) The PS3 is finally affordable. I had the money, I like games, so why not? Plus, I was missing out on a lot of exclusives, or so I thought.

3) The d-pad doesn't suck, which is important to fighting games. Sadly, I'm too used to the analog, so now I suck at Street Fighter.

4) God of War............okay then...

So there you go, Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment