Monday, February 23, 2009

Not A Sonic Fan?

So some guy sent me an e-mail (how he got it I don't know) about how I'm not a true Sonic fan because of my review of Sonic Unleashed. One of the things he said was "How can u say u love the running part but say most of the game is shit?" Well, since running is only a small part of the game, I think it's fair to say that most of the game is shit. In the e-mail he even admits the werehog and hub world section sucks (oh sorry; they "werent the great"...I dunno I think he means that). Well, he's entitled to his opinion. If he likes the game then who am I to say he shouldn't play it? That's not the issue here. He called out my fandom. Oh ok....I see. Because I don't like a particular game (or games as Sonic and 3D don't seem to mix) I must not be a fan. So in order to be a fan, I have to like any ol' piece of shit the developers shovel into my face. Being completely devoted to a game series or development team and defending them no matter what crap they do doesn't make you a fan; it makes you their bitch (aka a fanboy). It's people like that who make it possible for developers to get away with this shit, but that's another topic that I'm sure average sex-having, life-living, social people wouldn't care about.

And about my fandom........

I've played the first Sonic and got all 6 chaos emeralds, played Sonic 2 and got all seven chaos emerarlds unlucking supersonic, played Sonic 3 and did it again, played Sonic and Knuckles and did it again, Sonic2 and Knuckles, Sonic3 and Knuckles and did it again plus I'm currently working on getting the seven super emeralds so I can unlock Hyper Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic Spinball, Robotnik's Mean Bean Machince, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic 2 for Game Gear, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Blast, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Drift 1 and 2, Tails Adventure, Tails' Skypatrol, Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure DX for Gamecube and PC, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Heroes for every system released, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders, Sonic Advance 1 2 and 3, Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rivals, Sonic Pinball Party, Sonic the Hedgehog for 360, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics for both Wii and DS, Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood, Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure, Sonic Flash Player, Sonic Unleashed for 360 and Wii, and if you want to count rom hacks I've played Red Hot Sonic, Sonic 1 Remastered, Sonic: the Lost Land, Sonic 2 Long Version, Sonic 1 Harder levels Versions, and OMG The Red Rings (not a good idea).
DON'T TELL ME I'M NOT A MOTHER FUCKIN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG FAN!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you play Sonic games just so you can say they suck. Does that make you feel good Jones-Ward? I love Sonic and I've never played any of them. I'm a TRUE Sonic fan.

    Your friend,

    Big C.

    P.S. - On the real, nice rant. Sonic used to be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete